Mapstone Studio is located in the Devon village of Hittisleigh, on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A CAR IS ESSENTIAL to get to and from Mapstone Studio as there is no public transport around Hittisleigh.
Road – Hittisleigh is 2 miles from the Whiddon Down junction on the A30.
Rail – There are frequent rail services to Exeter St Davids from either London Paddington (fast service) or London Waterloo (slow service).
Air – Bristol airport is 90 minutes by car, and there is an inexpensive hourly bus service from Bristol aiport to Exeter. There is also an hourly bus service from Heathrow to Exeter.
Accomodation options in and around Hittisleigh are listed below. Early booking is recommended.
- The Barn, West Ford Farm – 1.5 mile
- West Ford Farm B&B – 1.5 mile
- Swallows at Falkedon – 1 mile
- The Cobbles, B&B – 2.5 miles
- Travelodge at Whiddon Down – 2.5 miles
- The Sheephut at Hollycombe – 2.5 miles
- Acorn Barn – 3.5 miles
- Summerhill Farm – 4 miles
- Teddy’s Cottage, Crockernwell – 4.5 miles
- Farmhouse, Drewsteignton – 5 miles
- Sandy Park Inn – 6 miles
- Warrens Farm, Farmhouse B&B – 6 miles
- Woodleigh Coach House – 6 miles
- The Oxenham Arms – 7 miles
- Drewe Arms – 7 miles
- Frogmill Bed and Breakfast – 10 miles
Photos from Mapstone . . .