At the end of 2018 Mapstone Studio relocated to Hittisleigh, on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park.
Road – Hittisleigh is 2 miles from the Whiddon Down junction on the A30.
Rail – There are frequent rail services to Exeter St Davids from either London Paddington (fast service) or London Waterloo (slow service).
Air – Exeter airport is a 35 minute taxi journey from Hittisleigh and has regular scheduled flights within the UK and from Europe, including daily frights from Paris and Amsterdam. Bristol airport is 90 minutes by car, and there is an inexpensive hourly bus service from Bristol aiport to Exeter. There is also an hourly bus service from Heathrow to Exeter.
Accomodation options in and around Hittisleigh are listed below. Early booking is recommended.
- Swallows at Falkedon – 1 mile from Mapstone Studio
- West Ford Farm B&B – 1.5 mile
- The Cobbles, B&B – 2.5 miles
- Travelodge at Whiddon Down – 2.5 miles
- The Sheephut at Hollycombe – 2.5 miles
- Acorn Barn – 3.5 miles
- Summerhill Farm – 4 miles
- Teddy’s Cottage, Crockernwell – 4.5 miles
- Farmhouse, Drewsteignton – 5 miles
- Sandy Park Inn – 6 miles
- Warrens Farm, Farmhouse B&B – 6 miles
- Woodleigh Coach House – 6 miles
- The Oxenham Arms – 7 miles
- Drewe Arms – 7 miles
- Frogmill Bed and Breakfast – 10 miles
Please note that a car is required to get to and from Mapstone Studio as public transport is very limited around Hittisleigh.
Photos from Mapstone . . .